PRINCE2 Foundation Training Course Goals
Our PRINCE2 Foundation course covers the basics of the PRINCE2 method. It is aimed at giving delegates an understanding of the philosophy behind the PRINCE2 method and preparing them for the PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam, which they sit at the end of the course.
Participants & Benefits
This course is suitable for project managers, team managers, project support staff, quality assurance staff and anybody else who:
- Is involved in or runs projects
- Wishes to get to know the PRINCE2 method
- Would like to obtain a globally recognised certificate of his/her project management knowledge
Our PRINCE2 Foundation course will give you an answer to the following questions:
- What do you need to do start up a project?
- How is the work divided between the Project Board and the Project Manager?
- How is the Project Manager going to issue work to Team Managers?
- How do Team Managers give assignments to members?
- How does the Project Manager stay informed about progress of work?
- How are products delivered back to the Project Manager by the Team Manager?
- How does the Project Manager handle issues and risks?
- How does the Project Manager communicate with the Project Board?
- How will the Project Board manage the project using Management By Exception?
- How is the project divided into stages and how are these stages managed?
- What does the Project Manager need to do to prepare project closure documents?
- How can the Project Board close the project in a normal way and prematurely?
We are a PRINCE2 Accredited Training Organization (ATO). Our PRINCE2 Foundation is a 3 day course with the official PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam given at the end of the third day. We strongly recommend to our customers dedicate sufficient time before the training to pre-course preparation according our instructions. We recommend to spend approximately 20 hours with pre-course preparation, accorss at least a week, or preferably over two weeks just before the course. The course consists of a well balanced mix of theory and practical exercises.
The course can be delivered in English, German, Czech or Slovak. The training materials are available in English, Czech & Slovak.
Each of our PRINCE2 Foundation course delegates receives:
- The official AXELOS® publication "PRINCE2 Handbook"*
- Our full colour, well readed and detailed Event Manual with texts, exercises, a real life case study, trial exams with syllabus and exam design & presentation slides
- Access to our interactive e-learning environment
- Templates of all 26 PRINCE2 main management products
- On demand e-mail support from the moment they order the course
- For PRINCE2 2017 courses, a backward compatibility package consisting of PRINCE2: 2009 slides, which are different or removed from the 2017 version and of a version transition dictionary.
- access to the Examination Institute's (EI's) portal
- the only valid and internationally recognised AXELOS certificate in the case of ordering and passing the exam
At the end of the course delegates can take the PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam (if delegates want to take the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam, they have to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam first). For more details about the exams format see our comparison.
Course participants who have a disability / support requiremets are entitled to appropriate relief during the exams. For more information on this please contact us.
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam
is aimed at measuring whether a candidate could act as an informed member of a project management team on a project using the PRINCE2 method, within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end the candidate needs to be able to show he or she understands the principles and terminology of the method, specifically:
- The purpose & responsibilities of all roles.
- The 7 principles, 7 themes, 7 processes, and the Product-based Planning and Quality Review techniques.
- Which management products are input to, output from, and updated in the seven processes.
- The purpose of all management products and the composition of the Business Case, Product Descriptions, Issue Report and the Issue, Risk and Quality Registers.
- The relationship between principles, processes, themes, deliverables & roles within a PRINCE2 project.
You will obtain preliminary exam results immediately.
English PRINCE2 exams are available in the 2017 version only. Other language mutations of PRINCE2 exams still are and will remain available in the old - 2009 version. However, we recommend the new version of exams to all those whose English is sufficient. PRINCE2 2017 exams have fewer questions than PRINCE2: 2009 exams, with the same total time available to answer them. Further, PRINCE2 2017 exam certifiates are marked as such, proving that you know the most current version of PRINCE2.
This is how a genuine internationally ecognised AXELOS certificate, granted for passing the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, looks like:
Our Bratislava and Prague public courses are held at our modern training centers with easy transport accessibility, public transport links and barrier-free access. We offer our students free parking, wired internet access, coffee breaks and lunches at a local restaurant included in the course fee. To students, who arrive early in the morning, we offer a breakfast for free.
For more information about our trainig venues please click here.
Public, semi-open & in-company courses
We run our courses as public, semi-open and in-company. Please see our Public Training Courses Calendar for our upcoming public PRINCE2 courses.
If you are interested in an in-company or semi-open training offer, please contact us, giving the desired number of delegates, course location and date range.
Our public PRINCE2 Foundation courses cost from 460 € per person + 180 € per person & attempt AXELOS® exams (depending on location).
For in-company course pricing please contact us, giving the desired number of delegates, course location and date range.
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Pack special offer:
If you book PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner with us together, the total price for both courses is from 755 € per person + 425 € per person & attempt AXELOS® exams. This special offer cannot be combined with any other special offer or discount. *When taking this offer you will receive already for your PRINCE2 Foundation pre-course preparation the Best Practice publication „Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2", which contains the full PRINCE2 method, instead of the lightweight AXELOS PRINCE2 Pocketbook.
The listed prices are exclusive of VAT, which is applied and charged in line with relevant regulations. Our general terms & conditions apply.
If you adhere to all trainer's instructions, participate in the whole course and in spite of that do not pass the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, you can repeat the course with us once more for free. You have to pay just the re-exam fee.
By the way, this our guarantee is claimed quite rarely - the pass rate of our PRINCE2 Foundation students is almost 100%.
Best Price Guarantee:
If you obtain a better price offer for an accredited PRINCE2 Foundation or PRINCE2 Practitioner course in the same location, time period, delivered by a comparably experienced PRINCE2 Approved Trainer with guarantees comparable to ours, we will beat it - just present it to us.
Our Course Date Guarantee:
We value both the time and money of our customers. We therefore guarantee you thatif you make a binding course booking with us and pay your participant fee on time, we will not cancel the given training due to lack of participants or any other subjective reasons.
Since our company was the established we have not canceled any of our courses.
Our Know-how Retention Guarantee:
In case your employee, who took PRINCE2 project management training with us paid by you, terminates employment with your company you can take advantage of our know-how retention guarantee. It means that a replacement employee nominated by you can attend the same course for free. You will pay only fee for his lunches & refreshments during the course and cover the certification exam fee (if she/he is to take a certification exam).
Just provide us with a copy of the employment contract termination notice of the previous graduate.
Your replacement employee can repeat the course within 1 year from the original course. The course date has to be agreed at least 15 calendar days before the start of the chosen course. We assume the replacement employee will use study materials left behind by the original graduate. If your company does not have the study materials anymore we will provide you with a new copy at cost.
In case the course date which you choose would be fully occupied by participants who attend the course for the first time and not as a part of our know-how retention guarantee, we will contact your employee and offer him/her a new course date.
Training Course Calendar
The schedule of all our public training courses is avaliable under Public Training Courses Calendar & Prices.
How to book a course?